Mercy Vineyard Church is seeking a Lead Pastor to serve our community going forward. Learn more about our search process through the information and updates below.
Read the Lead Pastor Profile to see the position description and responsibilities, as well as the required and preferred qualifications for candidates.
With the ongoing developments with the spread of COVID-19, we wanted to inform the congregation that our search process will be delayed. While we will continue accepting applications and conducting phone interviews, bringing in candidates for onsite interviews will not be possible for several weeks. For the health and safety of all, we will hold off on the next steps of the process until health and governmental agencies give the go-ahead that travel is advisable. In the meantime, we ask for your continued prayers and patience with the process as we trust God is caring for our community and bringing a new leader to us in the near future.
The Search Committee proposes the following timeline to guide the search, but will adjust the schedule as necessary to ensure a thorough and successful process:
- Mid-February // Post Lead Pastor Profile to VineyardUSA
- Early March // Congregational Meeting/Listening Session
- March 15 // Deadline for applications
- Late March // Review applicant pool, conduct phone interviews
- April // Conduct interviews
- May // Final evaluation and Search Committee recommendation to the Mercy Board
- June // Read the June 4 Search Process Update email
- July // Conduct interviews
- September // Read the September 5 Update email
Search Process Listening Sessions
Thank you to the many of you who attended the Search Process Listening Sessions on March 8 and March 11. The Search Committee appreciated gathering with you to hear your questions and priorities and praying with you for the search.
If you were unable to attend but have questions or suggestions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the individuals serving on the Lead Pastor Search Committee:
- Leo Alves, MercyYouth Pastor, staff representative
- Tom Dunn, Mercy Leader & Founding Pastor of Foothill Vineyard
- Jarrod Lucca, Mercy Member & Leader 10+ years
- Jon Marsden, Mercy Interim Lead Pastor & River Heights Vineyard Founding Pastor
- Tanya Schmitt, Ecolab HR Manager & Leadership Development, Mercy Member & Volunteer
- Libby Sutherland, Mercy Board representative, Search Committee Chair
For questions, contact Libby Sutherland.