Mercy Vineyard Church is seeking a Lead Pastor to serve our community going forward. Learn more about our search process through the information and updates below.
October 10 Board Update
The Lead Pastor Search Committee has completed their primary assignment and provided recommendations from their search to the Mercy Board. During the past ten months of hard work, they spent countless hours in meetings, reviewing profiles and resumes, and conducting interviews. Please join us in appreciating the Search Committee members for all their hard work.
Currently, the Board is reviewing these recommendations and prayerfully discerning the candidate they would like to approve to be our next Lead Pastor. The board will then present the individual to the congregation, and schedule a visit to preach along with various meet-and-greet opportunities. And the Mercy Board will present the candidate to the Mercy members for a vote of ratification.
We appreciate all of your patience and encouragement through this process and your continued prayer and support as we bring this process to a close soon.
The Search Committee proposes the following timeline to guide the search, but will adjust the schedule as necessary to ensure a thorough and successful process:
- Mid-February // Post Lead Pastor Profile to VineyardUSA
- Early March // Congregational Meeting/Listening Session
- March 15 // Deadline for applications
- Late March // Review applicant pool, conduct phone interviews
- April // Conduct interviews
- May // Final evaluation and Search Committee recommendation to the Mercy Board
- June // Read the June 4 Search Process Update email
- July // Conduct interviews
- September // Read the September 5 Update email
- October // Search Committee work completed and recommendations provided to the Mercy board
Search Process Listening Sessions
Thank you to the many of you who attended the Search Process Listening Sessions on March 8 and March 11. The Search Committee appreciated gathering with you to hear your questions and priorities and praying with you for the search.
If you were unable to attend but have questions or suggestions, email email@example.com.
Below are the individuals who served on the Lead Pastor Search Committee:
- Leo Alves, MercyYouth Pastor, staff representative
- Tom Dunn, Mercy Leader & Founding Pastor of Foothill Vineyard
- Jarrod Lucca, Mercy Member & Leader 10+ years
- Jon Marsden, Mercy Interim Lead Pastor & River Heights Vineyard Founding Pastor
- Tanya Schmitt, Ecolab HR Manager & Leadership Development, Mercy Member & Volunteer
- Libby Sutherland, Mercy Board representative, Search Committee Chair
For questions, contact Libby Sutherland.